The Velmex XSlide assembly is a compact positioning stage highly suitable for high performance incrementing and scanning of smaller loads. Its compact design makes it ideal for limited space applications. Constructed with hard-coat anodized aluminum dovetail ways and smooth motion PTFE bearings, XSlide assemblies deliver higher rigidity for longer life and more precise movement when compared to other dovetail designs. XSlide assemblies have a load capacity of 35 lb (15.9 kg) horizontally and 10 lb (4.5 kg) vertically. Straight-line accuracy is 0.001 in / 10 in (0.076 mm / 25 cm) and repeatability is 0.0001 in (0.00025 mm).
The carriage rides on the outside of the ways, allowing for a more compact design and easier access for adjustments. Both the carriage fit and the leadscrew/nut mesh adjustments are accessible from the sides. All fine tuning and wear compensation can be easily accomplished without removing the payload from the slide.
Other XSlide features include:
- High precision at a low cost
- Long-life anodized aluminum ways
- I-beam design for maximum stiffness and strength
- Seven lead screw pitches deliver a broad range of resolutions and speeds
- Easily accessible adjustments for carriage and lead screw fine tuning
- Corrosion-resistant and impact tolerant for longer life and straight, smooth movement
- 45 degree opposing ways provide maximum rigidity in any direction
- Easily configurable for multi-axis without adapters, using mounting cleats
With a cross-sectional profile of 1.88 x 1.22 in (48 x 31 mm), the XSlide stage comes in eight standard travel lengths from 2 in (50 mm) to 30 in (76.2 cm). The slides can be manual or motor-driven and are available in a choice of motorized screw drive, manual knob/crank, and free motion versions. Each slide includes integrated precision limit switches and will accept either NEMA 17 or NEMA 23 motors.
Check out the XSlide in action at the North Island College remote learning center.