“We designed the AL4160 to address a market need for a slide that supports heavy loads and performs in harsh environments but also is lightweight, low-profile and competitively-priced,” said Sid Kalantar, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Accuride. “Our U.S. introduction follows eight years of successful customer use in Europe.”
The AL4160 slide joins Accuride’s AL series of super heavy-duty aluminum-and-steel slides.
Key benefits and features of the AL4160 slide include:
- Lightweight and a high load rating (up to 661 lb /300 kg)
- Corrosion resistance – essential for moist and humid environments
- A low profile (1.04 in. of side space)
- Full extension
The AL4160 is ideal for applications in transportation, outdoor environments and industrial production. For example, it can provide movement for:
- Generator and battery compartments in large vehicles, including fire trucks and recreational vehicles
- Enclosures for data storage and communications
- Emergency vehicles and transportation (buses, trains, trams, heavy- and light-rail)
- Heavy-duty equipment in factories and warehouses applications
- Machinery and tool storage
- Aircraft interior parts/aircraft seat parts
- Marine applications
Find more information in this video.