Parker’s Electromechanical Automation Division announce the release of the High Moment Rodless (HMR) electromechanical linear actuator series.
The HMR represents one of the most versatile actuator lines on the market today. With five different frame sizes, two different drive train options, multiple motor mounting, carriage and sensor options, and an IP54 protective cover option, along with a multitude of other customizable features, the HMR was designed with application optimization in mind with a goal of reducing overall design time, along with simplifying the installation and integration of this actuator into a system.
“Guided by two precision square rail bearings, the HMR has enormous moment and payload capacity bundled in a low profile, yet sleek package,” says Jeremy Miller, Parker’s linear mechanics product manager. “The options of either a high-efficiency timing belt drive or a precision ball screw with multiple lead options allow the user to maximize performance within their system.” Ease of use was at the core of this new actuator design, by integrating externally accessible lubrication fittings into the carriage which evenly disperse lubricant across the bearing trucks and ball nut making for easier machine maintenance and driving down overall maintenance costs. In addition, there are options for two different chassis profiles, allowing the user to choose between a super-low-profile and cost-effective “basic” version, or a “reinforced” version providing great structural rigidity for long unsupported spans.
Potential applications for the HMR range from packaging equipment, material handling, robot transfer, or other general automation applications, but given the extensive adaptability of this actuator, it is ideally suited for seamless integration into any machine layout.
HMR High Moment Rodless Linear Actuator Features:
· 5 profile sizes: 085, 110, 150, 180 and 240mm
· Dual drive train: precision ball screw or high-efficiency timing belt
· Load capacity up to 26,600 N
· Max thrust to 5,560N (screw) and 4,000N (belt)
· Standard strokes up to 4000mm (screw) and 6000mm (belt)
· Max speed to 1.6 m/s (screw) and 5 m/s (screw)
· 2 profile types: basic and reinforced
· Tandem and bi-parting carriage options
· Optional sensor locations: internal (protected under the cover) or external
· Belt version has four mounting locations at 90 degrees around axis of motion
· Easy lube fittings on carriage
· Pre-configured motor, gearhead, and control package options
· Diverse range of accessories and mountings
· IP54-rated cover option
· Ambient temperature range: -30°C to +80°C
Parker Electromechanical Automation