Some applications (such as the oil and gas industry and some chemical processing) need sensors that are ATEX-certified (ATmosphères Explosibles). The ATEX certification is used in the area of explosion protection.
New sensor for applications in potentially explosive areas
Designed by SIKO GmbH for use under ATEX conditions, the magnetic sensor MSK320SKF came about in the course of a new product development. The sensor is therefore suitable for use in potentially explosive areas and opens up new applications in the field of explosion protection. To ensure safe use, the MSK320SKF-type sensor must be used with a defined protective barrier. The sensor can be used in Zone 1 and 2 (high and normal safety).
Magnetic measurement with MSK320SKF has benefits
Magnetic measurement is extremely versatile. In continuous use, SIKO sensor technology has proven its cost-effectiveness; since the MSK320SKF is extremely durable and virtually indestructible. Follow-up costs for maintenance and replacement are now a thing of the past. More after the jump.
The MSK320SKF sensor operates as an open system, linear or rotary, wear-free and low-maintenance. A large selection of corresponding MB320/1-type magnetic bands and MR320 / MBR320-type magnetic rings are available in order to adapt to various shaft diameters.
The variety of available magnetic rings of varying diameters and pole numbers means flexibility and allows its use in many machine designs.
Self-testing made easy with magnetic sensor MSK320SKF
Apart from comprehensive expert advice, SIKO now also offers the opportunity of testing a sample device of the new sensor.
- Tried and tested magnetic sensor technology
- Linear and rotary use
- Contactless, wear-free measuring principle
- IP protection class: IP67
- Various MB320/1 magnetic band lengths and MR320 / MBR320 ring diameters available
- Maximum movement speed of up to 40 m/sec
- Operating temperature range: minimum -40 to a maximum of +120°C
Magnetic sensor MSK320SKF specifications
- System accuracy: up to +/- 0.1°
- Repeatability: +/- 1 increment
- Resolution 0.1 mm / scaling factor 8
- Compact design 51 x 21 x 45mm
- High ring / sensor distance up to 2.0 mm
- Use with safety barrier type 924-60004-0003
(BEI Company Sensors)
- Operating voltage 4.75 … 9 VDC for ATEX application
- Output circuit PP (push-pull) with inverted signals
Magnetic measurement with MSK320SKF certification
- EC-Type Examination Certificate TPS 13 ATEX47828 001 X
- ATEX Certification II 2 G Ex ib IIC T3 X