H2W’s new dc linear brush-type servo amplifier, the LCAM 5/15, is suited to drive the company’s line of voice coil linear actuators. Linear amplifiers provide continuous current flow to the motor which prevents any dead-band issues that occur in many PWM type amplifiers. Additionally, linear amplifiers have low EMI, and no audible noise that also can be found in many PWM type amplifiers.
Their high current loop bandwidth, coupled with a low EMI, leads to a smooth motion profile, which makes linear amplifiers the best choice for high precision applications. They’re often used in precision stages to drive linear motors or voice coil actuators in semiconductor, medical, and optical equipment, as most voice coil actuators have low inductance windings (less than 1 mH). This makes a linear servo amplifier the preferred method to drive voice coils.
Amplifiers will be preset to match the continuous and peak current specifications of any H2W voice coil motor. The amplifiers are available from stock for immediate shipping.
- Designed for low-noise operation
- High output current: 5 A continuous output, 15 A peak output
- Wide power supply range: +24 to +70 V dc
- Wide bandwidth: 6.5 kHz (90 degree phase shift)
- Current or velocity mode operation
- Amplifier over-temperature protection
- Amplifier enable input
- Fault indicator output
- Adjustable dc offset voltage
For more information, visit www.h2wtech.com.