The Samick PBG is a compact linear motion bearing that has a polygonal structure.
This compact linear motion bearing is optimized to be used as a guide for transporting precision components such as small measuring instruments, semiconductors, LED chip sorters, and small size lens sorters.
Features of the Samick PBG include:
High precision, high rigidity, and long travel life
- With a polygonal structure and hundreds of balls riding on the super-finished surface, high precision and high rigidity are achieved. For example, the PBG 5 incorporates 286 balls of 0.6 mm diameter.
- The rolling motion of the balls on the super-finished surface significantly reduces friction. Also, the polygonal structure maintains high precision and rigidity, even with low preload of just several microns. In addition, the PBG minimizes shock, vibration and runout, ensuring smooth movement, long term precision, and long service life.
- The polygonal shaft, together with hundreds of balls in the retainer, ensures zero rotation and zero torque loss condition. This structural characteristic maintains stability and accuracy by minimizing yawing, rolling, and pitching motions. The zero rotation can be seen in the figure below.
- The PBG ensures high-precision linear movement with no rotation, meeting the requirements of many high precision processes.
- The combination of miniature size, light weight, and high speed offered by the PBG meets increasing market demands. For example, the PBG 5 has a length of 70 mm, width of 10 mm, stroke of 10 mm, and speed capability of 30-40 cycles/second.
- Samick not only sells standard products, but also helps designers to create customized products based on clients’ needs.
- As a linear motion product expert for more than 30 years, Samick provides rapid technical support and customized products to help customers get the best performance.
- Samick wants to maximize customer satisfaction by supporting their customers’ customers.