Thomson Industries, Inc. has enhanced its online ball screw selection tool to include online configurability options, expert guidance and faster performance.
Design engineers using the tool will now have access to more capabilities and expert guidance in configuring end machining, end fixity, thread lengths, nuts and related assembly preferences. An interactive reference table is updated, providing one-click access to information on the safety factors for each available option. A real-time diagram displays the status of their assembly, and built-in prompts guide them through optimal design sequences.
“We know how important it is for design engineers to be able to size and select linear motion components as quickly, easily and accurately as possible. Building on iterative user feedback and the latest advancements in user interface design, we have made numerous changes in our user interface to enable designers to get to their optimal configuration as quickly and effortlessly as possible,” said Denise Goldman, Global Product Line Manager – Ball Screws and Screw Jacks at Thomson.
Some of the new ball screw configuration capabilities include:
- Select cut ends or standard machined ends, with or without end supports
- Specify whether end supports should be assembled or shipped separately
- Define overall screw lengths and threading
- Configure the right product more quickly and easily with an enhanced user interface
- See all available nut options instantly
- See safety factors for each configuration with a single click
Faster processing and data loading capabilities accelerate all such operations and enable design engineers to download a CAD diagram of their configuration more quickly.
The enhanced Thomson ball screw selection tool is available at thomsonlinear.com/en/products/ball-screws.