Backlash is an inherent property of lead screw assemblies due to the sliding motion between the screw and the nut. For some applications, a certain amount of backlash, or "play," can be tolerated, but applications such as positioning, dispensing, or … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Linear Motion TIPS
- How can lead screw backlash be reduced?
- What’s the difference between ball screw critical speed and characteristic speed?
- Ball screws feature high speed, high load capacity for machine tool applications
- New linear motion kits from Ewellix extend industrial robot capabilities
- SKF Motion Technologies becomes Ewellix