Gear sizes are typically specified by one of two designations: module or diametral pitch. While both specifications define the size of the gear teeth, module and diametral pitch are calculated differently, with module (sometimes referred to as metric … [Read More...] about What’s the difference between module and diametral pitch for rack and pinion drives?
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Linear Motion TIPS
- Mini nanopositioning stage designed with voice coil motor and air bearing slide
- What’s the difference between module and diametral pitch for rack and pinion drives?
- Getting straight on roller screws
- New sealed linear encoders for metrology applications
- Ball spline preload: How, why, and when it’s applied