In order for a motor to accelerate or decelerate a load, it must overcome the load's inertia, or resistance to change in motion, as explained in Newton's First Law. In belt-driven linear motion systems, the motor has to overcome not only the … [Read More...] about How to account for belt and pulley inertia during system design
FROM THE EDITORS
BRECOflex launches new BRECOroll timing belt
How does hysteresis affect piezo actuator performance?
Application-based tool from Thomson optimizes online ball-screw sizing and selection
Smart mechatronics add capabilities to linear motion applications
Today on Linear Motion TIPS
- How does hysteresis affect piezo actuator performance?
- Single-axis linear stepper stages with integrated encoder and electronics package
- Integrated connector now available for AMETEK Haydon Kerk Pittman’s hybrid actuators
- Application-based tool from Thomson optimizes online ball-screw sizing and selection
- What makes a linear stage different from other types of linear motion systems?