Ball nut preload offers several benefits to screw assemblies, but the most common reason for using a preloaded ball nut is to reduce axial play, or backlash, caused by clearance between the screw and nut raceways. Reducing this axial play does two … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Linear Motion TIPS
- Ball nut preload: What effect does it have on bearing life?
- What is curvilinear motion and when is it used?
- Stepper motor performance: Is it possible to get high torque at high speeds?
- Actuators with extreme power density, reliability for aerospace applications
- Motion controller basics: What are the differences between PLCs, PACs, and IPCs?