As electric rod-style actuators overtake fluid power in a variety of high-force applications, it is important to understand how different screw technologies compare in the search for optimum performance and low life-cycle cost. By Daniel Schmit • … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Linear Motion TIPS
- How to calculate maximum encoder speed for linear and rotary designs
- What are Hertz contact stresses and how do they affect linear bearings?
- How roller-screw and ball-screw actuators compare in high-force applications
- High-precision vertical elevator stages from OES
- Bearing damage: What’s the difference between brinelling, spalling, and fretting?