It’s expected that a ball screw, with metal-on-metal rolling contact between the balls and the raceways, will require periodic lubrication with either grease or oil. One of the advantages that lead screws have over ball screws is that they can often … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Linear Motion TIPS
- When should you use a ball spline?
- Voice coil motor features internal shaft and bearing, high force-to-size ratio
- Shape-memory alloys linear actuators: A new option for positioning
- When should you lubricate a lead screw?
- Mechanical linear drives need no electronic controls for fine adjustment of travel distance