Power transmission in linear motion designs is often through rotary-to-linear devices, chain, or belt drives. The earliest belt iteration — and one that’s still economical today — is the friction-based V-belt design. These pair a belt with a pulley … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Linear Motion TIPS
- Linear motion for robotic handling in automated warehouses
- Motion and control objectives for automated storage and retrieval systems
- New single-rail X-Y stage (H gantry) for positioning from H2W Technologies
- XY tables: How do they differ from Cartesian and gantry systems?
- Lexium MDrive linear actuators: Mechanicals integrated with motors and electronics