One concern when designing a lift platform based on screw jacks is how to know if the travel nut (which bears the load) is worn out or about to fail — especially when the lift operates in a place where personnel might get hurt if the mechanism … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Linear Motion TIPS
- Wear indicator nuts for jacks: How do they work?
- Intelligrated automated palletizing for citrus packer a Top Supply Chain Project for 2017
- What is torque, and why is it important in linear motion?
- What are the six basic parts of a worm-gear jack for vertical motion applications?
- Two new absolute linear encoders with several interface options from NUMERIK JENA